How and why we collect information
Through your use of this website and in the course of providing services to our clients it is necessary for us to collect Personal Information. We gather the following types of information from our website users and clients:
- Personal Information (including addresses, phone and facsimile numbers and other information that allows us to contact you) – provided by you when you contact us in person, via email, by telephone, facsimile or online.
- Statistical information collected by our web server or third party systems we subscribe to for site traffic information e.g. Google Analytics. This can include but is not limited to the following types of information:
– your IP address;
– the date and time of visits to our website;
– the number of and pages viewed;
– technical information on browser connections;
– and other information for statistical purposes.
Use and disclosure of information
Personal Information is used to enable us to operate the business of Gavin Parsons and Associates, which may include:
- Provision of goods and/or services to our clients;
- Communicating with our clients;
- Developing our client relationships;
- Marketing and promotions;
- Investigating complaints or comments made by clients or users of this website;
- Investigating suspected or actual breaches of our terms and conditions or unlawful activity; and
- As we are otherwise required or permitted to in accordance with any law.
We use statistical data to analyse our website performance: for example; which parts of the website users are visiting, what content or services are most popular, to measure the effectiveness of any advertising we may undertake and in order to improve our website and our services.
We will not sell, lease or licence your Personal Information to unrelated third parties. However, in the course of our business we may disclose personal information to our employees, contractors, service providers, our related bodies and others. By using this website or instructing us to act on your behalf, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to third parties providing we do so in a manner which complies with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Gavin Parsons and Associates may disclose information in good faith and where we are required to do so:-
- by law or by any court or tribunal;
- to enforce the terms of any of our client agreements;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Gavin Parsons and Associates, its clients or third parties; or
- to banks or financial institutions with the purpose of preventing fraud and as proof of any transaction.
We will not use your Personal Information for any purpose not related to the services we provide to you, or for any purpose for which you would not reasonably expect us to use the information.
Security of your personal information
Our firm, employees, contractors and authorised representatives will take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to and disclosure of your Personal Information including securing our physical premises and electronic networks and systems.
Notwithstanding the aforementioned, you acknowledge that the security of e-communications can not be guaranteed and that the provision of information from you to us remains at your sole risk. Further, we are not responsible for the use, misuse or security of any third party who intentionally or unintentionally receives your information. We will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost, expense or claim arising directly or indirectly out of another entities use of your Personal Information.
Under the Privacy Act you can ask to see any Personal Information we hold about you and you may also ask us to correct any Personal Information that we possess. If you ask us for your Personal Information we will respond to you within 28 days of receiving your written request. All requests, complaints or comments regarding your Personal Information should be sent to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
The Privacy Officer
Gavin Parsons and Associates
Suite 18.01, Level 18,
St Martins Tower
31 Market St
Sydney NSW 2000
Amending this policy